TotalEnergies and Stellantis, a comprehensive worldwide partnership
At the beginning of 2021, TotalEnergies and Stellantis renewed their strategic partnership for the Peugeot, Citroën and DS Automobiles brands for another five years. The longstanding partnership was extended to two new brands: Opel and Vauxhall.
5 pillars of the partnership
- Research & development: Increased collaboration in Research & Development, with common R&D objectives in sustainable development and innovation, particularly new forms of mobility, low-carbon or bio-sourced fuels, lubricants and fluids specially optimized for new electrified engines and their components, including batteries.
- Factory fill supply: TotalEnergies is the leading supplier of first-fill engine and transmission oils for all new Peugeot, Citroën, DS Automobiles, Opel and Vauxhall vehicles produced throughout the world.
- Exclusive after-sales recommendation: Exclusive worldwide recommendation of Quartz lubricants, originated from the first fill formulation for the after-sales and maintenance networks of the Peugeot, Citroën, DS Automobiles, Opel and Vauxhall brands. Approved repair specialists have access to TotalEnergies’ high-tech motor oils, especially developed for the engines of these five vehicle brands, guaranteeing performance, reliability and fuel savings.
- Exclusive partnership in motorsport: Competitive motorsport, with technical and sporting cooperation which will focus exclusively on the various electric and hybrid programmes launched by the brands. A new partnership with Opel Motorsport, which is launching the Opel Corsa-e Rally Cup, the world’s first electric rally trophy. “To be able to develop and execute an innovative project like the ADAC Opel e-Rally Cup, strong, competent partners are essential. TotalEnergies combines outstanding expertise with great experience in motorsport. Passion for racing and competitive spirit are equally part of the DNA of TotalEnergies and Opel. We are therefore delighted to be partnering this project, which represents a genuinely pioneering achievement in rallying”. says Jörg Schrott, Motorsport Director, Opel Automobile GmbH.
- New mobilities: Mobility and EV charging are a new aspect of this partnership. Free2Move, the Mobility brand of Stellantis, will use the network of charging stations operated by TotalEnergies for its car-sharing activity in Paris. Other proposals related to simpler electric mobility are also under consideration.
“We are very proud to strengthen our collaboration with TotalEnergies” says Thierry Koskas, Chief Sales and Marketing Officer, Stellantis. “The advanced lubricant technologies and co-developments launched in high performance batteries represent major technological advances in our business and mobility offerings of tomorrow, for our everyday customers and our motorsport business. Together, we drive innovation”.